If you haven’t seen Despicable Me this far, you must have been into the woods for far too long. Unbelievably funny and witty story with great attention to detail – really worth watching. Here is the webpage, it will give you the taste.
Anyway – one of the main characters, villain Gru goes to the bank for a loan. Since he is a villain, he needs a loan for some really bad ideas to develop. So he goes to the Evil Bank – and the table above the secret entrance to the bank reads “The Evil Bank” and in small letters below that “formerly Lehman Brothers” – one of the four US biggest investment bank, that filed for bankruptcy in 2008. The fall of Lehman Brothers is considered as one of the key elements that triggered the beginning of global economy crisis the erupted in late 2008. Having said that, this little scene is just unbelievably clever and funny at the same time.
And the whole scene:
Most recent stories
- LUGPol Lego RC Truck Trial
- Wrocław Cathedral on Ostrów Tumski (Cathedral Island)
- Owls, just the two owls
- Meanwhile in Poland: Woman pulls a plow
- Common swifts are back!
- Springtime for Poland
- Exotic taxi service – Volga GAZ-24
- “Zapiekanka od Endziora” – king size baked sandwich from Kazimierz, Kraków
- Cardboard steam engine – oh boy, what a toy
- Finally, she’s here: ceramic hen from Bolesławiec
- New bbq grill from Bolesławiec
- Fish are friends – beautiful fish mosaic from 1969
- New Facebook Graph search is here
- Lost in translation
- Random nonsense: legal drugs are in your bread
Tags, tags, tagsairplane animal apple architecture bicycle bird cars city clouds cooking facebook fail food Forfiter Google Home internet iPhone Kraków Manhattan museum music Nasza Miska NaszaMiska.pl New York night nonsense Orlando panorama photography Poland Porsche religion sign sky squirrel technology travel USA vacation video vintage Warsaw winter Włochy