Google Maps for iPhone is back – and it is just awesome. After long absence – it was removed along with the introduction of the iOS6 and replaced with widely hated Apple Maps – it is back, for now only for iPhone. iPad version is not yet available.
New, improved interface, live traffic, directions, Street View – it all there and it works like charm. Yes, it’s good to have it back. Even a turn-by-turn navigation works brilliantly, even when in background, it displays messages along with voice guidance by the notifications bar at the top of the screen. Clever!
Of course, as expected, Google Maps got a very warm welcome from iOS users all over the world. At the moment, is it the most downloaded application in App Store, got to the top of the Top Free iPhone App category in just few hours with over 1500 mostly five star positive comments. Way to go, Apple!
Most recent stories
- Poland: How to buy a Christmas tree
- Concorde Alpha Delta G-BOAD – British Airways supersonic jet at the USS Intrepid
- Warsaw downtown panorama – view from the top of the PASTa building
- Down the FFOWB bunkers once again
- Apple Macintosh Powerbook 170 – purchased today
- Dar Młodzieży – large Polish sailing vessel in Gdynia
- Find the goat
- Springtime in Włochy
- Bicycle project Ukraina gains momentum
- All your base are belong to us
- Testing the OtterBox Preserver waterproof case
- Project “Ukraine” has been initialised
- New Facebook Paper app is here – first screens. It’s clean!
- Woman pictured on the wall – graffiti done right
- Sunny winter Saturday in Włochy – panorama
Tags, tags, tagsairplane animal apple architecture bicycle bird cars city clouds cooking Dermandar DMD facebook fail food Forfiter Google Home internet iPhone Kraków Manhattan museum music Nasza Miska NaszaMiska.pl New York nonsense panorama photography Poland Porsche religion sky snow technology travel USA vacation video vintage Warsaw winter Wrocław Włochy