Google Maps for iPhone is back – and it is just awesome. After long absence – it was removed along with the introduction of the iOS6 and replaced with widely hated Apple Maps – it is back, for now only for iPhone. iPad version is not yet available.
New, improved interface, live traffic, directions, Street View – it all there and it works like charm. Yes, it’s good to have it back. Even a turn-by-turn navigation works brilliantly, even when in background, it displays messages along with voice guidance by the notifications bar at the top of the screen. Clever!
Of course, as expected, Google Maps got a very warm welcome from iOS users all over the world. At the moment, is it the most downloaded application in App Store, got to the top of the Top Free iPhone App category in just few hours with over 1500 mostly five star positive comments. Way to go, Apple!
Most recent stories
- LUGPol Lego RC Truck Trial
- Wrocław Cathedral on Ostrów Tumski (Cathedral Island)
- Owls, just the two owls
- Meanwhile in Poland: Woman pulls a plow
- Common swifts are back!
- Springtime for Poland
- Exotic taxi service – Volga GAZ-24
- “Zapiekanka od Endziora” – king size baked sandwich from Kazimierz, Kraków
- Cardboard steam engine – oh boy, what a toy
- Finally, she’s here: ceramic hen from Bolesławiec
- New bbq grill from Bolesławiec
- Fish are friends – beautiful fish mosaic from 1969
- New Facebook Graph search is here
- Lost in translation
- Random nonsense: legal drugs are in your bread
Tags, tags, tagsairplane animal apple architecture bicycle bird cars city clouds cooking facebook fail food Forfiter Google Home internet iPhone Kraków Manhattan museum music Nasza Miska NaszaMiska.pl New York night nonsense Orlando panorama photography Poland Porsche religion sign sky squirrel technology travel USA vacation video vintage Warsaw winter Włochy