There’s nothing like a good start of the Christmas Eve! This is what I saw after I opened the engine hood.
Mind your oil caps, chaps! Never add oil to your engine when you are really tired or distracted. Leaving your oil cap on the side and effectively your engine open can easily lead to a serious disaster as your engine will quickly pump the oil out and the engine will die in no time. This time, though, I was really lucky – about half of the litre of oil escaped, so no damage was done. Lucky me, again.
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
This WRC Rally Poland took place in north east part of Poland in 2009. Enjoy couple of shots I took there – as you can see, the weather was far from being great, but nevertheless it was still a good fun to enjoy the roar of the cars flying by. Mud, gravel, cold, wet and long walks – what more can you ask for.
Huge charity event in Poland, WOŚP – attracts enormous crowds of people of good will every year. All sort of passionates and activists go active and help to raise the money for medical instruments for kids and seniors.
This time I spotted a group of enthusiast that restore old Polish police cars from the communist era, when the Police was called “Milicja”. This formation doesn’t recall the best memories to older citizens of Poland, but the old cars are great – aren’t they nice? The attention to detail is admirable – they still have original registration plates!
Some of my old shots from the short visit to Classic Car Club in London. What a great place that is.
More pictures below.
Polski Fiat 125p, a licenced version of Italian Fiat, was produced in Poland in Warsaw. For years and years, it was a dream car for most of the people – expensive, luxurious and in fact, available only on free, black market. Western cars, even the standard cars like VW or original Fiat, were considered as UFO’s and were reserved only for the elite.
More pictures below.
Continue reading »
Continue reading »
New hot-hatch from Renault Sport division. Nice car when you look at it (ignore the crumbs), but when it comes to driving sensations – it feels like a snail, especially when compared to Honda Civic Type-R I used a while ago.
When real gets really real, it’s nice. I drove this beast for real – funny enough, exactly this machine on the track, with racing instructor, thanks to AMG Experience Centre – and my god, it was good. Here only as display for stickers – still, very nice. Mercedes AMG SLS – if you can, put your hands on it – it’s worth it.
- Mercedes-Benz Takes Its Technology to the Water (wheels.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Mercedes-Benz World, Surrey: Test drive the SLS (telegraph.co.uk)
- Chrome-dipped Mercedes SLS AMG shines at German GP (autoblog.com)
- Spy Shots: Next-gen Mercedes SL63 AMG beefs up (autoblog.com)
- Upgrade your High-Performance Driving Skills at the AMG Driving Academy (luxist.com)
Most recent stories
- Concorde Alpha Delta G-BOAD – British Airways supersonic jet at the USS Intrepid
- Warsaw downtown panorama – view from the top of the PASTa building
- Down the FFOWB bunkers once again
- Apple Macintosh Powerbook 170 – purchased today
- Dar Młodzieży – large Polish sailing vessel in Gdynia
- Find the goat
- Springtime in Włochy
- Bicycle project Ukraina gains momentum
- All your base are belong to us
- Testing the OtterBox Preserver waterproof case
- Project “Ukraine” has been initialised
- New Facebook Paper app is here – first screens. It’s clean!
- Woman pictured on the wall – graffiti done right
- Sunny winter Saturday in Włochy – panorama
- Siri tells a bedtime story
Tags, tags, tagsairplane animal apple architecture bicycle bird cars city clouds cooking Dermandar DMD facebook fail food Forfiter Google Home internet iPhone Kraków Manhattan museum music Nasza Miska NaszaMiska.pl New York nonsense panorama photography Poland Porsche religion sky snow technology travel USA vacation video vintage Warsaw winter Wrocław Włochy