DT-130 digital thermometer. How would need something like that? A chemist? Other scientist? Yes – but not only. How about some foodie?
Some of you might have noticed that I am a little nuts about food and cooking. And believe me – nothing helps with getting better results like knowing what is going on with your food. Example – to get really, really good chips, you need to cook then in 72 Celsius for 20 minutes, then replace the water, then cook them again, then freeze them, then deep fry them in 130 Celsius oil and then fry them in 180 Celsius oil. How on earth can you tell when your oil has the right temperature without a termometer? Or – to get a medium rare steak you need to get it inside to 55 Celsius. How, without a long practise, can you tell that? Hence this purchase. First results – very promising.
This is more or less typical sausage from southern Poland, where the mountains are. It has a great texture, the taste is simply fantastic. While it looks pretty standard, as usual – the devil sits in the details. Lets have a look at the ingredients, shall we?
Pork – 72%
No chemicals, no preservatives – and still, it tastes like no other. Traditional recipe, good meat and smart butcher. Why all food can’t be made like that?
Most recent stories
- Fiat 126p rat style
- Szczecin panorama – view from the Maritime Museum observation deck
- LOT Polish Airlines Headquaters
- Włochy – Brick of the year
- LUGPol Lego RC Truck Trial
- Wrocław Cathedral on Ostrów Tumski (Cathedral Island)
- Owls, just the two owls
- Meanwhile in Poland: Woman pulls a plow
- Common swifts are back!
- Springtime for Poland
- Exotic taxi service – Volga GAZ-24
- “Zapiekanka od Endziora” – king size baked sandwich from Kazimierz, Kraków
- Cardboard steam engine – oh boy, what a toy
- Finally, she’s here: ceramic hen from Bolesławiec
- New bbq grill from Bolesławiec
Tags, tags, tagsairplane animal apple architecture bicycle bird cars city clouds cooking facebook fail food Forfiter Google Home internet iPhone Kraków Manhattan museum music Nasza Miska NaszaMiska.pl New York night nonsense Orlando panorama photography Poland Porsche religion sign sky squirrel technology travel USA vacation video vintage Warsaw winter Włochy