If you ever come across Kraków, southern Poland – don’t miss the old jewish district, Kazimierz. In the very middle of it, there is Plac Nowy – and there, in the middle of it – you will find the legendary street food diner, “Endzior”. They sell only one thing – baked sandwiches. Try, if you dare.
This Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI – TB995 sits in Kraków, at the Polish Aviation Museum. This is the very same Spitfire, that I sat in some thirty years ago and most likely, this is the very machine, that could have ignited my massive passion for aviation. I remember this machine clearly – and I saw her again. What a feeling.
Polski Fiat 125p, a licenced version of Italian Fiat, was produced in Poland in Warsaw. For years and years, it was a dream car for most of the people – expensive, luxurious and in fact, available only on free, black market. Western cars, even the standard cars like VW or original Fiat, were considered as UFO’s and were reserved only for the elite.
More pictures below.
Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Most recent stories
- Bike park rack – simple yet beautiful
- VTEC just kicked in, yo
- Stranger in the alien world
- Wild mushrooms season is open
- WRC Rally Poland 2009
- Porsche Museum Stuttgart
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR
- Speed kills – what a fundamental misunderstanding
- I have no friends and nobody likes me
- Evening in Włochy
- Union Tally – vintage bicycle restoration project
- Leolandia cardboard air force is ready for takeoff
- Omafiets – traditional woman’s bicycle from Holland
- How to improve your wok cooking experience
- Raleigh – how the bicycles were made in the old days
Tags, tags, tagsairplane animal apple architecture bicycle bird cars city clouds cooking Dermandar facebook fail food Forfiter Google Home internet iPhone Kraków Manhattan motorcycle museum music Nasza Miska NaszaMiska.pl New York night nonsense panorama photography Poland Porsche religion sky technology travel USA vacation video vintage Warsaw winter Wrocław Włochy