Chleb prądnicki (translated as “Bread from Prądnik, a district of Kraków town, that took its name from the small river) is a very interesting example of food tradition in southern Poland. This bread was first noted as far as in 1421(!) and during the communist times, the production was almost completely terminated. A group of bread enthusiasts restarted the daily production of this bread in 1989 when the communism collapsed in Poland due to bankruptcy of the country and since then, this bread is a pure success – recently it was listed as a protected regional heritage food example by EU . You can read more about this bread here, for now in Polish only – I will try to translate this text later.
In regards to the size - 4,5 kg and it is simply massive. Big japanese Deba knife is used for comparison.
If you ever come across Kraków, southern Poland – don’t miss the old jewish district, Kazimierz. In the very middle of it, there is Plac Nowy – and there, in the middle of it – you will find the legendary street food diner, “Endzior”. They sell only one thing – baked sandwiches. Try, if you dare.
This Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI – TB995 sits in Kraków, at the Polish Aviation Museum. This is the very same Spitfire, that I sat in some thirty years ago and most likely, this is the very machine, that could have ignited my massive passion for aviation. I remember this machine clearly – and I saw her again. What a feeling.
Polski Fiat 125p, a licenced version of Italian Fiat, was produced in Poland in Warsaw. For years and years, it was a dream car for most of the people – expensive, luxurious and in fact, available only on free, black market. Western cars, even the standard cars like VW or original Fiat, were considered as UFO’s and were reserved only for the elite.
More pictures below.
Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Most recent stories
- Find the goat
- Springtime in Włochy
- Bicycle project Ukraina gains momentum
- All your base are belong to us
- Testing the OtterBox Preserver waterproof case
- Project “Ukraine” has been initialised
- New Facebook Paper app is here – first screens. It’s clean!
- Woman pictured on the wall – graffiti done right
- Sunny winter Saturday in Włochy – panorama
- Siri tells a bedtime story
- Winter in ON, therefore the DSC is OFF
- Not the luckiest registration plate I can think of
- Villeroy & Boch coffee mug – Swiebodzin edition
- iPhone 5S slow motion camera test – hand feeding the garden birds
- BRE Bank headquarters Bydgoszcz
Tags, tags, tagsairplane animal apple architecture bicycle bird cars city clouds cooking Dermandar facebook fail food Forfiter Google Home internet iPhone Kraków Manhattan motorcycle museum music Nasza Miska NaszaMiska.pl New York nonsense panorama photography Poland Porsche religion sky snow technology travel USA vacation video vintage Warsaw winter Wrocław Włochy