Nearly two feet long cardboard steam engine – really well done, excellent cut out, not too difficult to assemble. Bought here at http://leolandia.pl/ – worth every penny. Amazingly, it was not made in China – it was made in Poland. Quality does matter, at least for me.
Warszawa Centralna is a prime example of great Polish architecture from late seventies of the last century. Main train station in Warsaw, point of critical importance to Polish train network, where most of the main lines meet. The main hall is above the surface of the earth, but the platforms are located underground. Interestingly, the lines go below the earth in shallow tunnel for exactly 2310 meters, connecting all main train stations – very clever system, that does not affect the car traffic above, was built between 1924 and 1933 when it was finally opened.
What you see on the picture below it a train platform restored for the launch of the Euro2012 football championship.
Most recent stories
- Chleb prądnicki – traditional bread from southern Poland
- Bike park rack – simple yet beautiful
- VTEC just kicked in, yo
- Stranger in the alien world
- Wild mushrooms season is open
- WRC Rally Poland 2009
- Porsche Museum Stuttgart
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR
- Speed kills – what a fundamental misunderstanding
- I have no friends and nobody likes me
- Evening in Włochy
- Union Tally – vintage bicycle restoration project
- Leolandia cardboard air force is ready for takeoff
- Omafiets – traditional woman’s bicycle from Holland
- How to improve your wok cooking experience
Tags, tags, tagsairplane animal apple architecture bicycle bird cars city clouds cooking Dermandar facebook fail food Forfiter Google Home internet iPhone Kraków Manhattan motorcycle museum music Nasza Miska NaszaMiska.pl New York night nonsense panorama photography Poland Porsche religion sky technology travel USA vacation video vintage Warsaw winter Wrocław Włochy